Doctors, nurses, counselors and other healthcare providers are important in helping teens make a difference in their health. I MATTER encourages teens, parents and caregivers to talk with healthcare providers about health and healthcare concerns.
Strategically. No missed opportunities, no wrong doors!
Teens and tweens about their personal relationships. Teens and tweens about their interest in reproductive health services. Parents for confidential time with their child.
In your patients’ present and future. In your own knowledge to encourage and support teen patients.
Accurate information on birth control and contraception options. Linkages to additional services.
- Healthcare providers can facilitate presentations to local schools and their community.
- Educate the community about contraception, especially Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARC),
e.g., Implanon, Paragard, Mirena, and Skyla.
- Promote LARC use among adolescents.
- Build relationships with youth-serving organizations to better connect adolescents to reproductive health services.
- Join the Core Partners Group (CPG).
The CPG provides direct links to West & Southwest Philadelphia by engaging, educating, and garnering support from all sectors and all populations. CPG members are the eyes and the ears within the community and provide outreach material to those in their community. To Join our Core Partner Group, contact I MATTER today.
We need YOU to work with us on I MATTER so you can share with others why WE ALL MATTER when it comes to preventing teen pregnancy in our communities.